Enjoy continuous appetite reduction for up to 6 months with the innovative Orbera single sphere gastric balloon
If you are an overweight patient in Los Angeles who has considered bariatric surgery for weight loss but hesitated due to its significant invasiveness, the Orbera non-surgical gastric balloon might be the answer you’ve been waiting for.
The single sphere balloon is made of soft, pliant silicone that gets inserted through the mouth and then inflated with sterilized saline within the abdomen. The amount of saline used (400-700cc’s) can be adjusted to suit the unique specifications of each patient’s anatomy and/or fitness goals.
Once in place, it takes up the space of about a large navel orange, hitting the pause button on your hunger and thus helping you to shed the pounds without cravings. After six months, the balloon is removed.
A comprehensive, two-part process
The Orbera program consists of two halves: the first six months with the balloon in place, and the second six months with the balloon removed. During this 12-month cycle you will receive intensive nutritional counseling, one-on- one lifestyle coaching and 24/7 support from your medical team.
The end result is that you not only lose the weight, but you learn how to keep it off by adopting new, healthy eating and exercise habits. Essentially, the balloon merely functions as a springboard to jumpstart your active participation in daily well being.
Included in the Orbera gastric balloon package is:
- The #1 gastric balloon technology in the world
- Customized diet and exercise recommendations
- Access to a supportive team of dieticians, psychologists, sports doctors and personal trainers
- 12 months of one-on- one lifestyle coaching
- A 24/7 online portal with tips, blog articles and stats
A new, breakthrough medical device from a world leader in endoscopic surgical technology
Orbera is the brainchild of Apollo Endosurgery, Inc., a Texas-based company that focuses on creating non-surgical treatment solutions for obesity. Among their past achievements are the OverStitch endoscopic suturing device and the adjustable LAP-BAND system.
Apollo’s chief mission is to bridge the divide between bariatric surgery and pharmaceuticals or nutritional counseling. The Orbera stomach balloon has been approved in over 80 countries worldwide, and is quickly becoming one of the most successful new weight loss strategies on the market. It is the first approved device of its kind in the United States.
Orbera’s safety record
The Orbera gastric balloon is considered safe when inserted by a qualified, board certified medical doctor in an accredited, supervised facility such as the Athenix Body Sculpting Institute in Los Angeles. The balloon must be removed after six months, or clients run the risk of it rupturing or causing other complications.
The FDA has approved Orbera for obesity treatment in those clients who:
- have a BMI of no more than 40
- are looking to lose at least 25 lbs. on average
- are at least 18 years old
- have struggled to achieve their weight loss goals with diet and exercise alone
- are not comfortable with more invasive surgical procedures
- have not undergone prior GI or bariatric surgery
- do not suffer from GI inflammation, hernia or disease
- are physically able to tolerate an endoscope through the mouth, pharynx and esophagus
- do not suffer from drug or alcohol addiction
- are not pregnant or nursing
- are of sound mind without history of severe psychiatric issues
- are not taking aspirin, blood thinners or other inflammatory GI agents
- are willing to submit to 12 months of nutritional and lifestyle counseling